It’s been a while since I wrote. To be honest I’ve been struggling to find much positive to say, and to write only about the negative is too miserable.
So, getting the down side over with:
- My Grandmother’s body is still in Spain. It could be another 3 weeks before her funeral;
- My Dad’s neighbour and long-time family friend died of cancer. Her funeral is on Thursday;
- My Mum has pre-cancerous cells and probably needs a full hysterectomy sometime soon;
- We have a big meeting at work on Thursday morning, when we will probably (hopefully?) find out our future;
- I’m signed off work for two weeks (half way through now) as I’m too sleepy to drive or concentrate.
Moving swiftly on with positives:
- I’m signed off work – lots of time for knitting and reading, when I can stay awake;
- I’m starting to feel better, even reducing the dose of co-codamol so I’m a bit less stupid;
- Knitting, did I mention knitting?
I could probably put in some pictures here, but I don’t really feel like it.
I have re-started the net curtain for the dining room, which I began ages ago. I was using very fine needles, as the open lace pattern I was getting on fat needles didn’t look right. I re-started in a new pattern on fatter ones, realised it would still take forever, and started yet again on the fattest ones I have. It’s coming along, but will still take a while.
Of course, I’m also knitting socks. Mmmmmm…socks. I’m using some Tofutsies yarn and it’s lovely.
Anyway, can’t stay here chatting all day, I’m off to knit.