That was a busy week!

As promised in last week’s post, life got busy.  We went out for a picnic lunch with my lovely friend Jarge last Saturday afternoon.  It was so good to catch up, we always leave it far too long then there’s far too much to say in a couple of hours.  We’ve promised to meet up in the summer some time.  At least Jarge finally has her Christmas and Birthday presents! 

On Sunday we had a lazy day, including lots of laying around in bed and just a little pottering in the garden, between rain showers. 

Monday was lovely, as we drove to Oxford Crematorium with some flowers for my Nan.  It would have been her birthday, and we don’t get to Oxford often.  On the way home we stopped at Millets Farm and bought delicious hand-made sausages for dinner.  We also found a really cute ladybird poncho for Caron’s little girl Maya, and had lunch in the restaurant. 

The rest of the week has been mainly work, although I sneaked off for a long lunch on Weds and met up with Caron.  Her bump is getting big now, sticking out all in front.  From the back, you’d barely know she was pregnant! 

Phew, what else?!  Oh yes, there has been some snooker-watching, but not as much as I’d like.  One of these years I’ll take two weeks off work, just to watch the world championship in its entirety! 

I’ve almost finished the Elmer cross-stitch, as I’ve concentrated on that rather than knitting my shrug.  Photos when it’s done – just outlining to go. 

I have finished my travel socks:

They are trainer socks, and just right.  I used up the remnants of the green VG yarn I made my last travel socks with, so cheap too! 

I have started new travel socks, this time with Lana Grossa sock yarn…beginning with a picot cuff:

I got really involved with this on Thursday, didn’t want to put them down to get off the train! 

Finally, on Friday I acquired some blocking boards, which Avril bought me as a thank you for the cross-stitch picture I made for her grand-daughter:

They should make blocking a lot easier. 

This coming week…we’re taking our nieces out for dinner today, to a local pub.  We haven’t seen them since Christmas, so it’ll be good to spend some time with them.  Then snooker until Monday night.  Then on Tuesday I’ve got a team meeting at work in Bristol and an appointment with the doctor-man in the evening.  Bristol again on Thursday.  And hopefully not much more than that – I like the peaceful ones 🙂


4 Responses to “That was a busy week!”

  1. Dianne Says:

    Don’t worry about the smell from the boards if you’ve opened them – it wears off in a couple of weeks. 🙂

  2. uncoolhelen Says:

    Thanks Dianne, I’ll unwrap them now so there’s plenty of time for the smell to wear off before I need them.

  3. redfear Says:

    Loving the socks! Particularly like how the picot edge is working up on the new pair.

  4. Catherine Says:

    Ah, I have those blocking boards in grey, they are really great but be sure to cover them with a towel if you’re blocking something light-coloured because the colour bleeds (only a little bit though)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: